7 Major Benefits of Car Window Tinting.
Tinting Car windows has a dual advantage! Not only does it make the car look more attractive but also it enhances the functional capabilities of a window glass. As we all know, window glass in the car serves as a shield against adverse weather conditions like rain, dust, snow and sun from entering and damaging the car interiors. It also protects the passengers from theft and break-ins. If these glass windows are tinted then it increases the safety of the car.
Some of The Main Benefits of Window Tinting Are :-
- Protection From Harmful UV Rays : - Direct sunlight can be quite harmful for the passengers sitting in the car. The heat can cause discomfort to the skin and make the driving experience stressful. Tinted car windows provide a layer of protection from the direct harmful UV sun rays that can cause considerable damage to the skin of the passengers. Sitting beside a tinted window blocks the UV rays in directly reaching the interiors of the car. This makes the driving experience physically more comfortable and emotionally less stressful.
- Saves Gas :- Driving a car, especially in hot and humid summers, means higher use of air conditioner to beat the heat. In order to reduce the heat in the car, AC runs for a longer duration and at really low cool temperatures. This definitely means more gas is used. However, if the glass windows are tinted, then the interior temperature of the car is maintained and we may not have to run the AC for the entire drive. Both frequency and duration of the use of the air-conditioner is less. This directly affects the gas consumption which goes down. This not only helps in saving energy and gas usage but also increases the efficiency of the car. And the biggest benefit is it saves environmental pollution.
- Enhances Car Safety – When the view of the interiors of the car from outside is direct and clear, safety of people & goods kept in the car gets affected. Outsiders know who is sitting inside and if they are looking for an opportunity to harm or steal anything then it is easier for them. If pets and children are alone in the car, then attempting to break-in can be more. But when windows are tinted then outsiders do not get a direct view of who is inside the car or what goods/things are kept inside. So they deter from making impulsive break-ins and theft. Tinted glass also blocks curious eyes from generally peeping into any vehicle that helps in maintaining privacy.
- Protection of Seats and Upholstery 4. When the interior upholstery of the car is of fabric then direct sun rays can cause fading of the fabric and it can start looking dull and faded. To maintain the look of the car, we would need to change the fabric frequently which means additional car maintenance costs. Tinted glass windows restrict the rays from affecting the interiors of the car.
- Protects Rock Chip – Car window glass can easily get damaged by flying objects or material that can cause a chip or crack in the glass. Tinted windows offer a preventive layer against damages caused due to these objects. This again reduces car maintenance costs and keeps the beauty of the car intact.
- Ease in Driving – Direct sunlight on the driver’s eye can impact the visual ability momentarily which can be dangerous for driving. The drivers often have to look away to prevent themselves from the glaring sun. This can hinder the focus in driving and can cause accidents. Tinted window glass reduces the effect to a great extent and makes driving more comfortable.
- Maintains Car’s Exclusivity and Resale Worth –Tinted windows enhance the looks of the car and make it look exclusive and luxurious. This keeps the car looking attractive. Also, when the interiors of the car and the window quality is protected with tint, it adds to the resale value of the car.
Needless to say, with so many benefits of car window tinting, drivers are often interested in getting windows tinted and maintained. Car tinting shops are easily available at most of the auto glass shops in the neighbourhood. It is not very expensive and also the job is done in a relatively quick time by tinting specialists.
While driving with tinted window glasses has many benefits, one needs to keep in mind what is the requirement of the law of the city/province/country. In Canada, there are many places where driving with tinted windows is not permissible. It is advised that one obtains complete information about it before getting the job done. If you are moving a car from one province where it is legally allowed to drive a tinted window glass to a place where the law does not permit, then it would be better to have it removed before moving the car.