This Winter, Defrost Your Windshield Easily With Cityline.
Fluctuations of the winners' season and busy schedules are hard to deal with. Often in winters, people drive with poor visibility. Defrosting a car is an unpleasant task in icy cold weather especially when you are in a hurry. Defrosting properly is very important otherwise it can be dangerous. It can harm your windshield too. Cityline Auto Glass is here to guide you on how you can protect your windshield and tips need to follow. Below mentioned some guidelines will help you to create a protective layer against defrosting the windshield but before let’s highlight things that need to be avoided.
- Never put hot water on the windshield. Putting hot water on frozen glass can create a thermal shock. Thermal shock can crack or fracture the glass. That is why always try to use preventive methods.
- Never blast warm air on the window to overheat it. The collision between cold and hot air will affect the most important component of the windshield, the structural integrity of the laminate glass.
- Not only hot water but also never use freezing water too. Water will result in a thick layer of ice that can be more harmful and reduce visibility
- Never use a car with poor visibility, it can risk your life. It would be better late but don’t risk any life for a few minutes. Always stop and clean before moving. Traveling with poor visibility is not advisable at all.
- Don’t use a spatula, metal scrapper, or key. Using these kinds of metals can leave scratches and damage the paint of the car.
- Never use hair dryers to defrost the ice on the windshield
Cityline Auto Glass Ltd. is providing services like Windshield Repair, Windshield Chip Repair, Windshield Replacement in Surrey, British Columbia to have a smooth and happy winter this year.
Cover Your Windshield: You can cover your windshield with an anti-frost cover or with cardboard. You can cover your windshield when you have precipitation of freezing temperature. It would save your time, you just have to remove the cover and drive towards goals.
- Apply Solution, A Day Before: You can apply solutions for anti-frost wind shielding. You have to take three doses of white vinegar for one dosage of water and can spray it on the windshield. You can use 90% of alcohol with cold water; it would help to prevent frost from forming. If you are out of white vinegar, you can use some more things that can easily be available include onions and potatoes You have to take half of the onion or potato and rub it on the windshield; it would create a layer that will protect you from frost.
- Protect Your Wiper: You can protect the wiper from a homemade windshield washer. To make the handmade solution you have to take ⅓ of alcohol, a drop of dishwashing liquid, and ⅔ of the demineralized water. All three ingredients are useful in this matter because of their properties. Alcohol will reduce the sensitivity of the window to humidity and increase its resistance to cold. Demineralized water averts minerals and salt, and dishwashers will help you to keep the windshield clean.Protect Your Wiper: You can protect the wiper from a homemade windshield washer. To make the handmade solution you have to take ⅓ of alcohol, a drop of dishwashing liquid, and ⅔ of the demineralized water. All three ingredients are useful in this matter because of their properties. Alcohol will reduce the sensitivity of the window to humidity and increase its resistance to cold. Demineralized water averts minerals and salt, and dishwashers will help you to keep the windshield clean.
- Don’t Forget To Protect Locks: You have to protect your locks too from defrosting. It would be best to apply tape on the lock but still, you can use solutions. Spray lubricants inside the lock holes to have protection from freezing.
- Water Repellent: You can use water repellent to create a protective layer against water in the rainy season. It is relatively inexpensive and easy to apply. It allows the rain to run away easily with less usage of the wipers. That means you have lesser scratches, more visibility, and long-lasting wipers.
The above mentioned are to protect your windshield from frosting but here are some more tips if your windshield is already covered with frost.
Salt and Water: Salt and water are the most common and easily available things. Just mix them and spray on the frost. The reaction b/w the ice and sodium chloride will help you to dissolve the frost and you can remove the ice easily.
- Water and Alcohol: You need 90% of alcohol and water. Mix one dose of 90% of alcohol and two doses of water and spray it on your windshield covered by frost.
- De-Icing Products: You can also have many ready-made de-icing products available in the market in Surrey, bc.
- Warm-up your vehicle: Warming your vehicle can help you in the defrosting process. You can use the remote starter to warm up your vehicle. A remote starter will save your time also. You can begin with defrosting without stepping outside.
Besides the above-mentioned tips, it would be better to keep a few things in your car, which can help you in smooth traveling.
- An Anti-frost cover.
- A can of anti-freezing washer fluid.
- An aerosol defroster.
- A snow brush with a hand scraper.